1.09.2010

resolutions?

usually i am not one to make new years resolutions. however, as it is not only a new year, but a new decade as well, i feel it is a good time to attempt new beginnings. a new decade makes me feel uncomfortable. it is only a mark of time within society, so i suppose i could just ignore it. is it tangible? these days tangibility is always escaping me. hopefully posting some of these thoughts on my blog will help me remind me what i am trying to achieve for my personal state of mind and mentality.

for 2010: i will be on time. not just to class, but everywhere. maybe i will even be early. i will sleep fewer hours during the day. i will make a conscious effort to use spare time more effectively. i will be more passionate about my classes. i will work on creative endeavors at my own pace, and i will accomplish them. i will exercise moderately; hopefully this will make me more mentally alert and less lethargic. hopefully. i will try not to let the actions of others so actively effect my emotions. i will try to be more independent. i will try to be less obsessive of selective people, but instead i will try to meet more people and attempt to enjoy socializing. i will make an effort to minimize my anxiety.

i will try to be less needy. i am sorry for needing you.

6 comments:

k.t. Strasse said...

like.

Carolina said...

This is quite great...Like, also. I'd like to chat, turns out I'm applying to your school for next term, would've contacted you through other means but I think you disabled your bookface account? Also, you'd probably want to delete this comment after reading...

sarah said...

ahh, yes come to my school! it is true, leave of absence from facebook.

sarah said...

here's my email / i don't want to leave a comment with my phone # on blogspottt.

sloude@saic.edu

Carolina said...

Thanks! Ha, I just realized I could've gotten your email through your blogger profile...here's to taking difficult route, oh well.

kay said...

I hope you will be able to keep these resolutions as they really are good.

Blog Archive